I’ll let ya guys decide that.
Anyway, I was suggested to draw myself from different points in my life, so… Yup; gonna do it!
A few things to mention:
- Believe it or not, ClayFighters do grow and mature. How do ya think Frosty became the way he is?
- Ya may’ve noticed that I didn’t include C2: Judgement Clay (1994). That’s ‘cause it would’ve been my first birthday that year, and there wasn’t much change.
- The sudden gap from 1997 to 2014? Yeah, blame Interplay for that one. Now, if they come up with somethin’ of their own, I’d be more than happy to do a rendition of that!
With all that out of the way, here goes!
Stress reliever doodle.
These two make me very happy. All the time. 8)
Smh…. Kanji is gay and Naoto dresses like a boy to get respect. Stupid otp.
Kanji’s Shadow represents his questioning his true sexuality and being unsure of the opposite sex, as the sensitive side under his rough exterior is often gone unappreciated and even ridiculed by girls. Kanji’s Shadow is made manifest due to his fear of being rejected by either sex. His Shadow is also accompanied by two other Shadows, one named “Nice Guy” and the other named “Tough Guy”, possibly referring to the common homosexual stereotypes of a man who is gay being really nice and some times feminine, or being more masculine, strong and tough.
For fuck’s sake, this came out of his own mouth
It ain’t a matter of guys or chicks… I’m just scared shitless of being rejected.
Even though Kanji displays interest in Naoto, he occasionally faces away from her due to shyness. He was both impressed and excited when Naoto enters the Miss Yasogami High pageant (despite her being forced), but is a bit disappointed when she skips out on the second portion of the contest.
- HE’S NOT SCARED OF GIRLS HE’S SCARED OF REJECTION
- HOLY SHIT HALF THE GAME IS BASED ON YOSUKE MAKING GAY JOKES AT HIS EXPENSE AND HAVING HIM SHOOT THEM DOWN WHERE WERE YOU DURING ALL THIS DIALOGUE
And yes, while Naoto does dress as a boy to seek validation, she’s not doing it for the sake of Kanji, she’s doing it for her job
After defeating the Shadow, Naoto reveals that her parents were detectives as well, but were both killed in one of their investigations. She acknowledges her parents’ passion for their job, and wishes to become a “hard-boiled” detective, inheriting the title of “Shirogane,” but fears as long as she herself is a girl, she can never achieve her dreams. She eventually realizing that what she wanted was not to become a man, but to be accepted as her true self.
And honestly post-Shadow, it’d be a pain in the ass to undergo a complete wardrobe overhaul so I can see why she still dresses the same year round
- A guy struggling with his sexuality out of fear of being rejected meets a girl who masks her gender identity in order to be accepted by
- IF THEY WERE JUST HONEST ALL ALONG THEY WOULD BE THE SWEETEST COUPLE EVER
Now I don’t care if you don’t ship it, but for the love of god get your facts right
Also don’t call someone’s OTP stupid, that’s rude as fuck and completely unnecessary
Holy shit this is one of the best posts ever.
brichibi had asked for a “romantic kiss” between Kannao. All the doodles I was doing were coming out terribad - I think perhaps because I felt they weren’t narrative enough. So, I decided I would use the opportunity to practice in Manga Studio…!
So, here’s a little mock doujin page, :3 It was good practice for the 80-page Kannao doujin I have planned!
*makes a terrible inhuman sound of joy* OMG SHE KEEPS DRAWING ME THINGS AND THEY’RE ALL SO PERFECT!!! LOOK AT THAT KISS! LOOK AT IT!!! EEEEEEEEEE! AND SHE ACCOUNTED FOR THEIR HEIGHT LOOK NAOTO IS ON HER TOES AND KANJI IS LEANING DOWN!
Crap I need to stop requesting things, I just… but I can’t help it! I’ve already requested sexy times, but MORE SEXY TIMES ARE GOOD TOO RIGHT?! Or maybe… maybe heartbreak times, like… I dunno, argh fuck! Like one of them being taken by the shadows and the other holding their hand and trying to pull them out, like Izanami times, like… I HAVE A PROBLEM GUYS I NEED TO STOP!